There are various reasons why we all need to press the reset button this time of year. With so many activities and overindulgence throughout the year, we tend to have symptoms such as bloating, brain fog, fatigue, sluggishness, weight gain, joint pains, headaches, and even more serious problems such as autoimmune diseases, irritable bowel & arthritis. A detox could be your solution to these and other complications. A well-designed detox plan can help you to get rid of more than those unwanted pounds. Let’s take a look at a few benefits of a properly designed detox program;
- You get your body rebooted – in an effort to make a living, we all sometimes abandon our desired healthy lifestyle practices by not exercising enough, sleeping too little, eating too many bad foods, or having too much stress in our lives. The easiest way to reset it with a detox program, simple, wholesome and delicious foods without sugar, processed foods, caffeine or alcohol. You also need to include self-nurturing practices such as sleeping for at least 7 hours, low impact exercise and mindfulness.
- You remove toxins from your body – continuous exposure to dangerous chemicals, environmental pollutants, preservatives, heavy metal, and industrial wastes weakens our immune system and slows down our metabolism, which leads to many diseases. Detoxing helps to clean out these toxins, which in turn allow our body to heal itself naturally.
- You shed off excess pounds – toxins affect your body’s natural ability to burn fat, which results in weight gain and other diseases. Detoxing rids the body of stored toxins in the fat cells and boosts up your metabolism.
- You remove cravings – detoxing allows you to detach yourself from the addictions of sugar, white flour, table salt, and over-processed foods.
- Your skin will glow – detox cleanse your liver, which can be responsible for issues such as acne, psoriasis, eczema, and rashes. When your liver is unhealthy, it attempts to flush out excess toxins and chemicals through the skin. Keeping your liver healthy will, in turn, lead to glowing skin.