This nutritionally dense, easy to make and colorful dish is my go-to food throughout the year. It contains sauteed spinach with colorful sweet peppers, onions, garlic, and boiled black beans.
- 3 Tbspn olive oil.
- 1 diced medium red bell pepper
- 1 diced medium green bell pepper
- I medium diced onions.
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bag (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cube African vegetable seasoning
- 1/2 tsp black pepper.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tbspn organic canned black beans.
- Heat olive oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook onion till translucent
- Add chopped garlic and cook for 30 seconds
- Add red & green pepper, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 2 minutes
- Increase heat to medium-high and add spinach
- Cook, stirring frequently until spinach is just wilted, about 3 minutes
- Add African seasoning, black pepper and salt to taste
- Warm up black beans and serve with spinach
- Dig in!